🌊Mermaid Majik smoothie bowl! 🌊
For the smoothie bowl:
- 2 large frozen bananas (chopped)
- 1½ cups frozen white grapes
- 1¼ cup almond milk (or other nut milk)
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp E3Live Blue Majik (slightly rounded) or spirulina
- Squeeze of lemon juice
For the toppings:
- ½ large dragon fruit (sliced)
- 1 passion fruit (halved)
- 1 kiwi (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tbsp toasted pistachios (chopped)
- Start by preparing all of your toppings first. (Nobody likes a sloppy smoothie bowl!)
- Next add your frozen chopped bananas, frozen grapes, ¼ cup yogurt, and ¾ cup of almond milk to a high powered blender and blend until smooth – use the tamper if needed. I used my Froothie Optimum G2.1 on the ‘Sorbet’ setting. If your blender is having trouble blending up your smoothie then gradually add more almond milk ¼ of a cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency – personally I like mine to be pretty thick and icy just like a McDonald’s milkshake (worst comparison ever sorry).
- Add your Blue Majik and a squeeze of lemon juice and blend again until smooth. Pour into a large bowl, add your toppings, and serve!
Kiwi, kale and chia parfait smoothie!
- white chia seeds 3 tbsp
- vanilla extract 1 tsp
- lime zest 1/2 tsp
- coconut milk 250ml
- ripe avocado 1/4
- kiwi fruit 1, peeled and chopped
- frozen banana 1, chopped
- kale or spinach 1 handful, stems removed
- coconut water 125ml
- kiwi fruit slices and chunks
- nut butter
- lemon balm (optional)
- To make the coconut chia pudding, put the chia seeds, vanilla and lime zest in a bowl. Pour over the milk and mix until well combined. Stir every now and again in the first 10 minutes to prevent lumps from forming. Leave to soak in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight. It’s ready when the chia seeds form a gelatinous substance around themselves and the overall consistency is thick and jelly-like.
- To make the kiwi smoothie, put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until completely smooth.
- Spoon half the chia pudding into the base of two medium sized glasses. Arrange a few kiwi slices around the inside of the glasses. Cover with half the the kiwi fruit smoothie , the rest of the chia pudding and a dollop of nut butter. Top with chopped kiwi fruit, blueberries and granola and a little lemon balm, if you like.